Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

What a great holiday! Last night we took the kids to the local Suns game to watch fireworks at the end. Wow they love there fireworks!! Chase really liked them for the first 2-3 minutes then he became overwhelmed. He grabbed my head with death grip so we ran him to the car. Good trial run to see about us watching tonights from downtown. Guess I'll be taking Liva and Austin by myself.

It has been a crazy week and a half. Last Thursday I gave Chase what had been on of his safe foods out to eat. Within 30 minutes he started acting funny. I called a friend who looked it up and told me it now has diary in it. For several days he was just kind of spacey then real aggresive. Then this past week he finally broke out in hives all over his face and legs. He has been miserable with the itchys. Needless to say that cured my wanting to re-introduce him to diary and wheat products.

For several weeks I have been back and forth on should I try him on wheat or diary again. Personally I am so over this diet. Of course he has no clue what the difference is since he has always been diary free and gluten free for 2 months short of a year. But no one realizes how much work it is to make sure every little thing he touches or goes around does not have one of the off limit foods. Plus the expense is just insane. It is so hard for him to even be around other kids just in case they are snacking and he grabs soemthing from them. But after this episode I know that the Lord has given him to me to protect and that I can't complain anymore. So we will stick with our plan and move forward with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment